Friday, January 22, 2010

Do you think there should be mandatory DNA testing in all child-support cases?

In order to basically put paternity fraud to an end, I believe this is absolutely necessary.





What do you think?Do you think there should be mandatory DNA testing in all child-support cases?
Yes! I truly believe my husbands oldest child from his last marriage is not his. I would never say anything at this point but it kills me that he will be paying over 1000 a month for two kids and I really question if they are his and his ex plays games using the kids. A simple DNA in the hospital for single OR married couples would be the answer. No man's name goes on the birth certificate until their is a positive DNADo you think there should be mandatory DNA testing in all child-support cases?
There are several reasons for establishing accurate biological paternity. Besides support, there's medical and tissue typing. If the child needs a kidney, bone marrow, liver (or piece of 1), a biological relative is more likely to be a match in most cases. HOWEVER, I don't it should be mandatory but freely available upon request.
Yes, with one exception. First, there are too many men being tagged as the father and having to pay support on a child that isn't theirs. Don't misunderstand, if the child is theirs, they are responsible and should have to pay; but I've heard of too many stories where the man paying child support for ten years, to the tune of over $100,000, is in fact not the father; and then the courts refuse to give the man his money back. This is absurd and a perversion of justice. No one wins!





The exception is in the case where a man steps forward to claim responsibility, knowing that the child might not be his. As long as that man is a competent adult, it would be better for there to be some doubt, but a loving and willing parent to take the responsibility, then to try to track down someone who might not care so much.





Cheers!
I think it would be very expensive to do so with every case. But, I think in the long run it would be worth it. I know several people who are going through this sort of thing right now. One person has been paying child support for 12 years and never had a doubt that the child was his son. Up until recently. He actually found out that the child is more than likely not even his. So he has been supporting someone else's child all this time. That is not right.





So, in the end, I don't think it would be such a bad idea.
I think the cost outweights the need.





If two people agree and don't doubt the paternity of the child then why do they need testing? It's for those who doubt that it is needed.
I am for it, in ALL CASES





Too many times married woman lie, and get away with it.





It is a very simple process, and it would help create a few jobs. I am for it.
If I were a guy, I don't think I'd be comfortable paying for a kid I wasn't sure was mine. I think it should be mandatory!
Oh no Pete,,,did you make love wit no glove
No, but I think that it should be available at request.
I think it's momma's baby, and daddy's maybe?...lol...
yes
thats if you dont think its your child

No comments:

Post a Comment